Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Give Thanks to the Lord!

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness.
Let the whole world know what He has done
.
(1 Chronicles 16:8)

If you've been keeping up with my blog posts, you know that a few months ago, I mentioned that work has been a bit slow. Self-employment has its ups and downs, but this time I was looking for a career in which someone else would be my employer. I was hoping for something stable in this very unstable world we live in today.

God has graciously allowed me to know in advance that He has granted a full-time career position. I have received my prayer request just in time for Thanksgiving!

God has blessed me in a way that exceeds my prayer requests and my expectations just in time to be very grateful for His plan to be revealed. I give Him all the glory and honor and praise during this time of Thanksgiving. Not that I wouldn't always give Him the praise at any time, but this causes me to have a heart overflowing with thanks even more!

Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
(Ephesians 3:20 -- bold my emphasis)

Through God, I was able to thank Him before the news. I prayed that no matter what my circumstances would be now, whether He would bless me with this new job or not, through faith and trust in Him, I would still be thankful.

Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.
(Colossians 4:2)

Pray for others and pray for yourself, too.

God is love and He is so very good all the time!

Ultimately, we should keep in mind that Heaven is our home if we have received the salvation of God. As I already mentioned, this world is unstable and the earth will shake, but the coming Kingdom of Heaven will be unshakable. Therefore, keep this Bible verse in mind as we anticipate our home someday in Heaven:

Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. (Hebrews 12:28)

If you don't have a confidence in your salvation, knowing that your home is in the Kingdom of Heaven, then please go back to the beginning blog posts and start reading them. I will pray for you, as I have already done so, and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. God loves you and He would be so pleased to have your love in return. He wants to save you from this world for His kingdom above. Please open your heart today. Then you will be more thankful than you have ever been about anything else in your life when you receive Christ Jesus as your Savior! Praise God!

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you!

Please sign up as a follower on this blog today. I would be ever so grateful and full of thanks for more followers! Thanking you in advance, and as always:

Until we virtually meet again, may God call you to Himself.

God’s Word for Today:Let your roots grow down into Him, and let your lives be built on Him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.” (Colossians 2:7)

Copyright © 2015 by Patricia Shehan

All scripture is quoted from various translations of the Holy Bible (God’s Word) and is set it italics.


No comments:

Post a Comment